The Official 50th Anniversary Photobook
March 2023 marks fifty years since the release of Pink Floyd's classic album The Dark Side Of The Moon. Designed by Pentagram to high specifications, this celebratory publication brims with rare and unseen photographs and reveals the visual conception of the original iconic album artwork. It will be a covetable package for the legions of Floyd fans out there – new and old.
• Presents rare and unseen backstage and onstage photography of the band during the album tours of 1972 to 1975.
• 129 candid photographs by Storm Thorgerson, Jill Furmanovsky, Aubrey Powell and Peter Christopherson document the soundchecks, the shows and the after shows.
• A review of the October 1972 Wembley gig, originally published in Melody Maker, provides insight into one of the Floyd’s most celebrated performances.
• Reveals the visual conception of the iconic album artwork.
• Includes a complete listing of the tour dates.
About the Author
Jill Furmanovsky has photographed some of the greatest musicians in the world, including the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and Oasis. She made her name as the official photographer of the band during the recording of The Dark Side Of The Moon and during the UK album tour. Aubrey ‘Po’ Powell co-founded the design agency Hipgnosis with Storm Thorgerson in 1968, creating over the next 15 years some of the most iconic record covers for artists such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Paul McCartney and Genesis. Powell is currently art director for Pink Floyd, responsible for designing and curating the record-breaking exhibition ‘Pink Floyd: Their Mortal Remains’, which premiered for five months in 2017 at the V&A in London.